Tennessee Probate and Estate Lawyers
The probate process is usually required to transfer someone’s property upon their death. It is a legal proceeding to make sure the rightful heirs received any inheritance they are due. Although many people are afraid of “probate,” it does not have to be lengthy, costly or complicated. Our Probate Team works hard to make the process as quick and easy as possible. We are often able to start the process without any upfront costs and our fees can be paid from the estate. When the estate process is handled correctly, it will ensure that the property goes to the family instead of being consumed by unnecessary costs, that deadlines are met and that the administrator fulfills all of their legal obligations. If you have lost a loved one and need assistance with estate administration, please contact us today.
We have a few suggestions to make your initial meeting with our lawyers as productive as possible. If you are properly prepared, we will be in a much better position to answer any questions you have and give an accurate assessment of what will be involved in the probate process.
- If there is a Last Will and Testament bring a copy including any written documents located with the Will
- If there was a Trust bring a copy of it with any amendments.
- A list of the decedent’s heirs and include their relation. Any contact information you have for the heirs should also be included in the list.
- A list of the decedent’s property and an estimated value of the property. This should include both real estate and personal items. If there are bank accounts or others similar investments, bring any related paperwork you can find.
- A list of any amounts owed to creditors. We will also need the name and address of each creditor. If you have any bills, bring a copy.
- A copy of any life insurance policies.
- A copy of the death certificate.
In addition to probate services, our estate division provides services to protect your family and their assets. These services include the following:
- Drafting of Family Trusts
- Last Will and Testament
- Power of Attorneys
- Living Wills
- Will Contests and Estate Litigation
It is easy to put off planning for your future, but it is one of the most important things you can do for your family. Having an estate plan will make sure that your final wishes to benefit your loved ones are granted. A proper estate plan will set forth how you would like your assets and property to be distributed to your spouse, children and other loved ones. Our estate lawyers will make sure your plan is properly created to reflect your wishes and that the documents are legally valid.Protect Your Family’s Inheritance With the Higgins Firm
Our Tennessee estate lawyers will give you sound advice and make sure you understand all of your options. So contact our Tennessee Estate Lawyers today for a confidential, informative and consultation. You can call us for FREE at (800) 705-2121.