When people suffer an injury due to a faulty or hazardous product, they can file a lawsuit to seek a monetary award to help with their losses. These types of lawsuits are known as product liability lawsuits. Through the courts victims of defective products can seek to hold the makers of faulty and dangerous products accountable for the items they want people to buy. Our Tennessee defective product or product liability attorneys help people who have suffered injuries because of dangerous products fight to obtain compensation from the people who made the products and the companies that made them available for sale. The term products in these cases can mean include a multitude of different products including cars, construction equipment, or items that a child might play with. These items or products may consist of but are not limited to:
Equipment that may be fault and cause a person to get injured whether in their house or in the workplace.
- Health equipment or items
- Medications given to you by a doctor, for example: Pergolide (Permax), Rezulin, Fen-Phen, Baycol, Celebrex, Bextra, Oxycontin, Pyridostigmine Bromide have all been subject of products liability lawsuits
- Grocery items and items under a recall by the Food and Drug Administration
- Guns and rifles
- Cigarettes, cigars and other items a smoker might use
- Hazardous materials for example weed and bug killers, construction installation, and mold
- Transportation and items used during transportation like safety restraints, safety seats for children, wheels, and airbags
- Everyday items used in the home such as cleaning products and domestic machines such as refrigerator, washing machines, and ovens.
- Products used for leisure
- Clothes and garments
- Alarm systems and other security equipment
If you have been injured by a product that you believe is defective it is very important to save the product and all related materials such as packaging, instructions and any warnings. Without a product to be examined by experts it can be very difficult to prove your case. The product needs to be stored in a safe area and should not be altered in any way before speaking to your attorney. It is also a good idea to take several photographs of the product as close as possible to the time of the accident.What can a Tennessee Products Liability Lawyer do to Assist in my Case?
If you or someone you know has suffered an injury following the use of a faulty product or item, it is important that you speak to one of our knowledgeable and compassionate Tennessee defective product lawyers right away. Our attorneys will answer any questions you may have and work on your behalf to gather any information that may be relevant to your case, this may be obtaining medical information, speaking with your insurance agent and getting any other information we may need. We will work to make sure the companies that caused your injuries and held accountable and pay you the money you and your family need for what you have been through.
If a dangerous or defective product has caused you injury or the death of your loved one, it’s important you know your rights under the law. Contact us online or call us at 800-705-2121 to set up a FREE consultation to determine your best course of legal action.