Nashville, Tennessee Slip and Fall Lawyer
Slip and fall accidents can happen unexpectedly and lead to significant injuries, but when they occur due to someone else's negligence, you shouldn't have to bear the financial burden alone. At The Higgins Firm, our attorneys are at the forefront of slip and fall litigation, possessing a deep understanding and expertise in this area of the law. We are dedicated to fighting for the rights of those injured due to the negligence of property owners and managers. Recognizing the financial strain legal action can impose, we proudly offer our services on a contingency basis, meaning you don't have to pay anything until we win your case. This commitment ensures that every victim has access to top-tier legal representation without the upfront financial worry.
If a property owner or manager’s failure to repair a dangerous condition on the property causes someone else’s injuries, the individual who fell may be able to seek compensation. If you or a loved one was recently injured in such a fall, contact a Nashville, Tennessee slip and fall lawyer today.
As they turn down the next aisle, they suddenly slip on a large puddle of water that was left there unattended by store employees. There are no caution signs or a mop nearby. A careless employee left that puddle there, and now the shopper has slipped in it causing potentially significant injuries.
This is just one example of a slip and fall, where a property owner or manager has neglected to fix a dangerous condition on the property. Then, that dangerous condition caused someone else’s injuries. An individual should not suffer due to another’s carelessness, and should pursue damages using a Nashville, Tennessee slip and fall attorney.
- Duty of Care: Establishing that the property owner had a duty to ensure the safety of the premises.
- Breach of Duty: Demonstrating that the property owner failed to uphold this duty, either through action (e.g., creating a hazardous condition) or inaction (e.g., neglecting a known hazard).
- Causation: Linking the breach of duty directly to the accident and the resulting injuries.
- Damages: Providing evidence of the injuries and financial losses suffered due to the accident.
- Document the Scene: Take photographs of the hazard that caused the fall, including any lack of warning signs or barriers.
- Report the Incident: Inform the property owner or manager of the accident immediately, ensuring it is officially recorded.
- Seek Medical Attention: Obtain a professional medical evaluation as soon as possible to document your injuries and their relation to the fall.
- Gather Witness Information: If anyone witnessed the accident, collect their contact details for future testimony.
- Preserve Evidence: Keep a record of all medical bills, lost wages, and any other expenses related to the injury.
- Conduct a thorough investigation to gather all necessary evidence.
- Consult with medical professionals to fully assess the extent of your injuries.
- Negotiate with insurance companies to seek a fair settlement.
- Represent you in court, if necessary, to fight for the compensation you deserve.
- Slip and fall accidents can have profound impacts on the lives of victims, leading to significant physical, emotional, and financial challenges.