We trust that the medical devices we use are tested and safe. Unfortunately, many medications and medical devices s such as Mirena may have severe and even fatal side effects. These side effects may result in a serious medical condition, the need for additional surgery to fix the problem or even death. If you or someone you care about has suffered severe or dangerous side effects after using Mirena, then it is strongly advised that you speak to a Tennessee Mirena lawyer as soon as possible. They will hear your case and make sure you get the compensation you need for your injuries.Contact us now for a free case evaluation.What is Mirena used for?
The Food and Drug Administration gave their approval for the Mirena IUD to be used as a contraceptive method in 2000. Mirena is made by Bayer Pharmaceuticals which is part of the Bayer Company. Mirena is a hormonal device that is inserted inside the uterus to help prevent pregnancy. It is removable. Mirena is shaped like T and is placed in the uterus with the help of a cylindrical sterile inserter. It can stay in the body for up to five years and it slowly releases the birth control hormone inside the body. It changes the wall of the uterus and makes it thicker and not allowing sperm inside the uterus.What are some of the dangerous side effects linked to Mirena?
Even though Mirena has not officially been recalled, The United States Food and Drug Administration have received claims by women who have used the device stating dangerous side effects. Some of the possible dangerous side effects of Mirena may include but are not limited to:
- Tearing of the Uterus- if the device tears a hole in the wall of the uterus, it may mean the need for a surgical procedure to correct the problem. If the uterus is torn, this can also cause scar tissue, infections or problems with organs and some of these problems may be life-threatening.
- The device becoming implanted in the Uterus- if the device implants itself into the uterus, this may also lead to the need for a surgical procedure to fix the problem.
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease- this disease is caused by bacteria moving from the uterus to reproductive organs. This can cause infections to the uterus, fallopian tubes, and other organs and may cause lifelong damage.
- Pregnancy that occurs outside the uterus- this can cause serious and even life-threatening side effects.
- Not being able to get pregnant
- Scarring of the vagina
- Intestinal damage and problems
If you or someone you know has experienced dangerous side effects or complications after using Mirena, you should first speak to your doctor about medical treatment or the need for surgery to correct the problem. If it is determined that your side effects were caused by Mirena, then it is recommended that you speak with one of our caring and experienced Tennessee Mirena and dangerous device attorneys at the Higgins Firm immediately. We care about our clients and will work with you to see to it that you get the compensation you may be entitled to for your medical expenses and any other pain and suffering. We will also might sure the Bayer Company is held responsible for their actions regarded the device.
Contact us online or call us at 800-705-2121 to set up a FREE consultation to discuss your legal options.