McMinnville Area Nursing Homes
McMinnville, Warren County, Tennessee was formed by European Americans in 1807 and was named after Joseph Warren, a soldier in the American Revolution. In 2010, the county had a population of 38,839 and the population keeps growing. It is home to Rock Island State Park. The Higgins Firm works hard to give the residents of Warren County the best legal services possible. If you or someone you know feels like an elderly loved one experienced nursing home abuse or neglect, you should speak to one of our nursing home abuse lawyers. We will review your case and see to it that you are fairly compensated for any injuries that have been suffered.Which Nursing Homes are in Warren County?
If your elderly loved one needs to live in a nursing home, you want to make sure the one you decide on is the best one for them. You can do this by visiting the nursing home compare website to see ratings for each facility in Warren County. Here are some of nursing homes you have to choose from:
If a loved one has been injured or mistreated during their stay in one of these local nursing homes or any other nursing home in Tennessee, you should contact the Higgins Firm about your concerns.What are the different types of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect?
Most people think that nursing home abuse and neglect is just the physical harm that you can see. However, nursing home abuse and neglect can also be sexual, emotional, mental, or even financial. These types of abuse and neglect include the following:
- Physical abuse- This includes slapping, kicking, punching, biting, hitting and pitching. This form of abuse can result in broken bones, bruises, open sores, bleeding, being underdosed or overdosed on medication, marks from restraints and more.
- Sexual Abuse- This includes any non-consensual sexual act such as touching, assault, rape, photographs. This can result in bruises, bleeding, and torn clothing.
- Emotional Abuse- This includes harassment, humiliation, threats, insults, and intimidation. An elderly person facing this kind of abuse may feel agitated, worried, be unusually quiet or scared or not willing to talk to anyone.
- Financial Abuse- This includes overcharging a person for care they are not receiving, cashing checks or withdrawing money without permission, forging signatures, stealing money or personal items, or persuading a person to sign a financial document. This can result in unexplained changes in the amount of money in a bank account, the loss of personal items, or having no money at all.
- Neglect- This includes any failure to provide personal or medical care that a person needs. This can result in dehydration, malnutrition, poor hygiene, untreated wounds and unsanitary living conditions.
It is important that after you choose a nursing home, you visit often to check for any of these signs of abuse or neglect. If you see any of these things, you should inform the nursing home about it right away. If the nursing home fails to adequately resolve the issue, you can contact the Tennessee Department of Health.
Once you have taken these steps, you should also speak to a caring and knowledgeable nursing home abuse and neglect lawyer at the Higgins Firm. We will listen to your case and do all that we can to make sure that you get any compensation that you are entitled to for any abuse and neglect that has occurred.
Please contact us today online or by calling 800.705.2121 to discuss your legal options.