Knoxville Personal Injury
Picture this: you’re driving down Middlebrook Pike, and suddenly Bam! You’re struck from behind. Or, you’re navigating the streets of the Old City, and another car runs a stoplight and collides with your vehicle. No matter where your Knoxville car accident happened, if you’ve been hurt in the accident, you need expert representation from The Higgins Firm, personal injury and car accident lawyers.How Can a Knoxville Accident Lawyer Help Me?
Car accidents can be life-changing, from devastating injuries to a totaled car or even fatal. If you've been involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault, you may be eligible for compensation for the other party for your damages. Our experienced team of attorneys protects your rights and helps fight for the compensation you deserve. We will:
- Investigate the cause of the crash, and gather independence independently
- Advise you on the best course of action to collect damages
- Negotiate with the other party’s insurance company on your behalf
- Represent you in mediation, or even a court of law
The Higgins Firm is by your side, advocating for you and your family from start to finish. We have years of experience taking on even the most complicated car accident cases in Tennessee, and we bring the benefit of our expertise to work for you.I’ve Just Been Involved in a Car Crash. What Now?
Immediately after being hit by another driver, your first thought is probably confusion and frightened. You may be hurt or worried about the fate of your passengers. However, for your safety, there are a few crucial steps to take in the aftermath of a vehicle accident.
- Check on your passengers and determine your own physical condition
- Call 911 for emergency medical care. Even if you don’t think you're hurt, EMS can often note symptoms of sifting tissue or neck and spine injuries
- Report the accident to the police. They will gather evidence and the police report is a vital part of your personal injury case, as it often establishes fault
- Move your vehicle off to the side of the road, if possible, and check on the condition of the other driver
- Exchange information with the other driver but insist on calling the police
- Call a Knoxville accident attorney
You probably aren’t thinking about a lawyer right away, but the sooner you hire an attorney, the better the chances of building a solid case.Tennessee Car Accident Laws
Tennessee law sets a statute of limitations on how long you have to file a lawsuit. You have only one year from the date of your crash to file suit, but it’s better to file sooner rather than later. Evidence is fresher, and witnesses have a better recollection of events. We’ll ensure that your case and all necessary paperwork are filed on time, as well.
When we review the circumstances of your case, we also determine if the other party violated any traffic laws. This can include looking at traffic light cameras and any CCTV footage that may have caused the accident. If the other party was speeding, ran a red light, or was otherwise reckless, we can use that to establish their liability.How Can a Knoxville Car Accident Lawyer Help Me?
We can determine whether you have a case, and help you prove it. First, we establish that the collision was partly or fully caused by the other party. The police report helps build our case, along with our own investigation and witness testimony. Then, we draw the conclusion that the injuries you sustained were a direct result of your crash. We use the medical records from the scene of the collision and your follow-up exams and care.We file a case asking for:
- Economic damages, or reimbursement for medical care and having your car repaired or replaced
- Non-economic damages, which include emotional trauma and loss of quality of life
We aren’t afraid to take your case to court at The Higgins Firm. We stand firm against the other party’s insurance company to ensure that you get the maximum settlement.
The other party’s insurance company may offer you a quick settlement, which may not even cover your medical bills. Or, they may contact you directly and ask you to give a statement about the accident or your version of events. Never speak to the other party’s insurance company. Your lawyer will handle communications to protect your interests.Have You Been Hurt in a Knoxville Car Accident?
If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident, you need quality legal representation. Call The Higgins Firm today for a FREE consultation for your case. We’re Knoxville’s top personal injury law firm for a good reason – you are in good hands with our team.