How Much Money can I Expect for my Injury Case?
We all know that no one in the world is exactly like us. We all of our differences and the things that set us apart for everyone else. This is how it is with personal injury cases as well. All injuries and circumstances are different which means that each case will be different too. This also means that the amount of compensation you receive for your case may be different then the compensation someone you know received for theirs. Since each case is so different, you should speak to a personal injury lawyer with the Higgins Firm to determine the amount of compensation you should expect from your case. We will answer any questions you may have and help you to get any compensation that may be legally yours for your injuries and what you have been through.Questions that may affect the amount of Compensation you receive for your Case
Even though each case is different, there are certain questions that depending on their answers may help you and a lawyer figure out how much compensation you may be awarded for your case. Some of the most common questions include but are not limited to:
- Who caused the injury? If you were partially to blame for your injury it may lower the amount of compensation you receive.
- How severe are your injuries?
- Were you in the hospital?
- Did you need surgery?
- Will you need more medical attention later on?
- How many medical bills do you have?
- Did you lose any income because of your injury?
- Are you unable to work at your current job?
- Do you need to find a different job?
- Have you experienced loss of enjoyment in your daily activities due to your injury?
- Has your injury placed stress or more burdens on your family?
- Were you turned down for a promotion or raise at work because of your injury?
- Did you have a long recovery process for your injury?
- Were you unable to walk or drive because of your injury?
All of these questions and their answers help to decide how much compensation you may be awarded for your case. They help our lawyers determine how much compensation you may need for medical expenses, treatments and care now and in the future. They help determine if you need compensation for loss of income as well as any disability compensation if you are unable to work now or for any job training you may need in the future. Finally, they help determine how much compensation you may be entitled to for any physical, mental or emotional suffering you or your family may have been through because of your injury or injuries.
This process of questions and answers to figure out the amount of compensation you may be awarded for your case can be confusing and seem very long. Our personal injury lawyers at the Higgins Firm will help to make this process as easy as possible for you so that you can focus on getting better and being able to be there and provide for your loved ones. We will listen to you, answer any concerns you may, help gather evidence to proof that you and your family have suffered because of your injury and fight on your behalf to help you get the compensation you deserve for your injury as well as for any losses you may have suffered.
Please contact us today online or by calling 800.705.2121 to discuss your legal options.