Davidson County Bus Accident Lawyer
The Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security reports that over 1,000 bus accidents occur each year. A single bus accident has the potential to seriously injure or even kill dozens of individuals.
If you were harmed by a bus accident, an experienced Davidson County bus accident lawyer can help you obtain the compensation that you deserve for your injuries. Contact a determined personal injury lawyer that can fight for you.Responsible Parties After a Bus Accident
Someone is often directly responsible for a bus accident. Some of the most common parties that are held accountable when bus accidents occur include:
- Bus Companies: A bus company must make sure that all buses are operating properly and that drivers are adequately trained
- Bus Drivers: If a bus driver operates the vehicle in any type of negligent manner and an accident occurs due to this negligence, the driver can likely be held accountable
- Government Entities: If buses are owned and operated by the government, a person might be able to hold the government responsible if negligence occurred due to failure to follow safety standards
- Maintenance Companies: Maintenance companies are often hired to inspect and maintain buses. Failure to adequately repair a bus can result in that company being held negligent
- Manufacturer: If a faulty part or manufacturing defect is a responsible for a bus accident, the manufacturer can likely be held responsible
Davidson County bus accident attorneys have litigated a large number of accidents involving negligence on the part of either the bus driver, the bus carrier, or a company that created parts on the bus. Some of the most common ways in which bus accidents are known to occur include the following:
- Alcohol or drug use
- Defective or faulty safety equipment
- Distracted drivers
- Driver inexperience
- Fatigued drivers
- Inadequate road conditions
- Poorly trained drivers
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Poor visibility
- Weight distribution problems
The United States Department of Transportation reported that in 2009, over 20,000 injuries and 254 deaths were caused by bus accidents. Some of the most common ways in which individuals are injured due to bus accidents include:
- Broken bones
- Dental trauma
- Facial disfigurement
- Internal injuries
- Passenger ejection
- Severe scrapes
- Spinal trauma
- Traumatic brain injuries
Because bus accidents are frequently catastrophic, it is critical that individuals know exactly how to respond after these accidents. Some of the critical steps that individuals should follow after bus accidents include obtaining medical care, reporting the accident, documenting the scene of the accident, logging damages, and contacting skilled legal counsel.
It is critical to promptly obtain medical attention after a bus accident even if the injured individual does not believe that they have been injured. Individuals should report the accident to law enforcement so that documentation about how the accident occurred is created.
If it is safe to do so and possible, it is also a wise idea to take photographs of the accident, which can later be used to demonstrate how the accident occurred. A log of the damages that were caused by an accident should be kept. This log should include details about the dates of various medical appointments.
Injured individuals should contact a knowledgeable Davidson bus accident lawyer who will remain committed to fighting on their behalf for fair compensation.Contacting a Davidson County Bus Accident Lawyer
Bus accidents can significantly disrupt the lives of accident victims. If you have been harmed in such a manner, a Davidson County bus accident attorney can take steps to help navigate your case.
The lawyers can investigate the scene of the accident, gather critical evidence, and provide strong legal representation in a court of law if necessary. From start to finish, your attorney can remain committed to fighting for the compensation that you deserve.
Do not hesitate to contact a Davidson County bus accident lawyer today to obtain the assistance that you need.