Nursing Home Abuse
FIGHTING FOR VICTIMS OF NURSING HOME NEGLECT
The nursing home abuse and neglect lawyers with the Higgins Firm are committed to improving nursing home care for Tennessee residents. Abuse and neglect in nursing homes is unfortunately too commonplace. Nationwide, the amount of abuse and neglect cases in nursing homes are rising. The type of neglect and abuse found in Nashville and around the U.S. can be visible or mental. It can take the form of negligence or even abuse. No matter the type of neglect or abuse found in nursing homes, it should be put to an end. In order for this to happen, people need to be aware of the symptoms of this kind of abuse. Federal nursing home regulations provide that the “resident has the right to be free from verbal, sexual, physical, and mental abuse, corporal punishment and involuntary seclusion.”The Higgins Firm will fight to ensure all residents receive these basic human rights.
- Bedsores (also called “pressure sores”)
- Unexplained cuts, exposed lacerations, or excessive bruising
- Personal items stolen or broken
- Bruises that indicate the resident was improperly restrained
- Sudden, severe weight loss
- Jaundice or unusually pale skin
- Poor health and unsanitary living conditions
- infestation of the residents room or the facility
- Other unattended health problems
WHAT TO DO IF YOU SUSPECT NEGLECT?If you believe someone you love has been the victim of nursing home negligence you should immediately bring your concerns to the attention of the nursing home administrator and staff. If possible take photographs with your phone of any bruises, injuries or signs of inadequate care. This will help you explain your concerns to the administration or others from whom you seek help. Hopefully, your concerns will be adequately addressed and the problem will be resolved. However, if you do not receive an appropriate response you can contact the State of Tennessee to file a complaint or you can contact a Tennessee Ombudsman for assistance. You may also contact our office to speak with an Nursing Home Malpractice lawyer if you feel you need legal help. It is important that you not ignore the problems and hope they will just be corrected on their own. By helping to address the problems that someone you love is experiencing, you may be helping other residents as well. Be involved with their care. Visit the nursing home as much as possible and at different times. Make sure the staff and other residents know you and are aware of the fact that you will be watching to make sure everyone is being treated with dignity and respect.
If you have a claim needing the help of one of our experienced and caring Nashville nursing care facility abuse attorneys. We encourage you to contact our office as soon as possible. We put our clients first in everything that we do. We want to make sure that you receive the compensation that you deserve for the injuries that you have suffered. It is our hope that by holding negligent nursing care facilities accountable other elderly residents will not suffer from the same neglect or abuse.
Contact us online or call us at 800-705-2121 to set up a FREE consultation to discuss your legal options.
- Meeting With Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
- Nashville Nursing Home Negligence Lawyers
- Elder Financial Abuse
- If You Suspect Abuse In A Nursing Home
- Common Signs Of Nursing Home Negligence, Malpractice Or Abuse
- Tips In Selecting A Nursing Home
- Elderly Abuse in the United States
- Malnutrition and Dehydration
- Bed and Pressure Sores in Nursing Homes
- Nursing Home Wandering Injuries
- Information on Local Tennessee Nursing Homes