Nursing Home Abuse
The Nashville Nursing Home Abuse attorneys at The Higgins Firm are dedicated to nursing home reform. Nursing home abuse is becoming more and more common. Nationwide, the number of nursing home negligence cases is increasing.
Nursing home abuse in Nashville and around the U.S. can be physical or psychological. It can take the form of neglect. Whatever the form, abuse of nursing home residents must be stopped. The first step is recognizing the warning signs. Federal nursing home regulations provide that the “resident has the right to be free from verbal,sexual, physical, and mental abuse, corporal punishment and involuntary seclusion.”
Common Warning Signs Of Abuse Or Neglect
- Bedsores (also called “pressure sores”)
- Cuts, open wounds, or frequent bruising
- Personal items torn or broken
- Bruises that suggest physical restraints were used
- Sudden, severe weight loss
- Jaundice or an abnormally pale complexion
- Poor personal hygiene or strong fecal/urine odors
- Fleas, lice, rodents or other pests or parasites in the room
- Other unattended health problems
If your loved one exhibits any of these warning signs, do not assume that the situation will resolve itself or that turning a blind eye will make it go away. Protect your loved one and help protect the loved ones of others. You may have a claim needing the help of one of our experienced and caring Nashville nursing home abuse attorneys. We encourage you to contact our office as soon as possible. We put our clients first in everything that we do. We want to make sure that you receive the compensation that you deserve for the injuries that you have suffered.
Contact us online or call us at 800-705-2121 to set up a FREE consulation to discuss your legal options.